[Tfug] modem and router combo

Jeffry Johnston tfug at kidsquid.com
Fri Oct 26 19:57:57 MST 2007

While we're on the topic.. I just recently had cable installed.  He did a
check and said my sending line level was low so he put a filter on the back
of my modem and that "fixed it".  It seems counterintuitive to me that
adding 2 more joining points on the coax would make things better.. wouldn't
it just further degrade the connection?  Any idea how this thing works.. or
is it actually a speed limiter or something and he was just blowing smoke?

Jeff