[Tfug] modem and router combo

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Fri Oct 26 08:05:27 MST 2007

-- "christopher floess" <skeptikos at gmail.com> wrote:
>Alright, here's the thing. I think my modem is dying. I do
>understand the different between a router and modem.
>I was just hoping to get all in: coax in, several ethernet
>jacks out. For some reason I thought I'd seen this. Why
>have two little boxes when you can have just one?

   I have this with DSL, an Actiontec that is a modem and router.  There is also a firewall built in.  I don't know if this is available or not for cable.  The last time I used cable, we had a separate modem and router/firewall because we already had the modem when we decided to add more computers.

Earl

"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."
"The fates guide him who will, him who won't they drag" Spengler