[Tfug] random squares

Robert Hunter hunter at tfug.org
Mon Oct 22 20:32:04 MST 2007

On 10/22/07, Rich <r-lists at studiosprocket.com> wrote:
> True, so use libraries. Just as you wouldn't try to manipulate a
> database by flinging stuff around in /dev, you shouldn't write
> anything but the simplest code in Javascript.

This is a a good point.  I often think that when it comes to gaining
proficiency in a programming language, you spend as much time learning
about the language as you do learning about the libraries that are
available.  In some cases, such as Perl, I can almost count on the
fact that if I need a particular functionality, that there is at least
one package at CPAN; but even then I spend a bit of time learning the
API for the particular package.

> Here's a list.
> http://edevil.wordpress.com/2005/11/14/javascript-libraries-roundup/

Great list.  Now if only there was something like CPAN for JavaScript.

--
Rob