[Tfug] Fluxbox key mapping

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Sun Oct 14 11:56:28 MST 2007

On 10/09/2007 06:33 PM, Claude Rubinson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 01:53:07PM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
>> So I added this to my keys file:
>> Control_R :Lower
>>
>> It didn't do anything. Got any ideas?
>
> Ctrl-[ didn't work?

No! Neither did <c-o>.

> I'm assuming that you figured it out from JD's other post.  But
> the more fundamental issue that I was using to gently needle JD
> was that Fluxbox doesn't have RaiseLower. RaiseLower is an FVWM
> function that lowers a window if it's on top of another window
> and raises it when it's obscured.  It's particularly useful
> when you need to, e.g., transcribe information between
> overlapping windows.

I am not sure if I understand the RaiseLower functionality
correctly. Do you mean that whatever window has focus will either
be raised or lowered in comparison to the other windows? If so,
then I believe Fluxbox has two separate functions for that: Raise
and Lower.

The issue that I ran into was that you cannot map just one
Control key without doing some other steps (someone mentioned
those in a different email I think). The following maps will
lower the window with focus with the left and right Control keys,
and raise the window with focus with Control and the right Alt
key.

Control Control_R :Lower
Control Alt_R :Raise

--