[Tfug] Remapping keys [was: Re: How I attacked my computer]

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Tue Oct 9 17:41:00 MST 2007

Speaking of remapping keys, this reminded me that in my xterms, my Alt
keys write extended characters rather than Meta-X.  For example, Alt-b
produces â rather than sending Meta-b which is associated with
backward-word.  Esc is bound to Meta, as one would expect.

This is appears to be an xterm issue.  In Eterm and rxvt, Alt is bound
to Meta as one would expect.

Ideally, I'd like to keep Right Alt bound to the extended character
set and for Left Alt to be bound to Meta, if possible.

Can anybody point me where to look?

Thanks,

Claude