[Tfug] How I attacked my computer

Jeremy D Rogers jdrogers at optics.arizona.edu
Tue Oct 9 14:00:36 MST 2007

On 10/9/07, Glen Pfeiffer <glen at thepfeiffers.net> wrote:
> On 10/09/2007 12:29 PM, Jeremy D Rogers wrote:
> > Ya, I still miss that. I love fluxbox, but I don't understand why none
> > of the other WM's understood how useful that was. Raiselower mapped to
> > the right control key used to just rock.
>
> How do you map to the right control key?
>
> I know how to do mappings in Fluxbox, but not the right control key.

Heh, this was back in the 90's.. I just used xmodmap. :-) I had the
left control key used for ctrl, the right control key mapped to f13 or
something which in turn flux used to raiselower. I also mapped things
like pause key to set dpms to turn off the monitor, and if I remember
right, scrlk was used to switch between dvorak and qwerty layout. Too
bad I never actually used dvorak more, it was kind of nifty.