[Tfug] Best laser printer for linux

erich erich1 at copper.net
Thu May 31 11:24:31 MST 2007

Good luck,
        With getting toner cartridges for it, that is. I have an old B/W HP
inkjet that I'm having difficulty getting replacement cartridges. My
workaround?  Getting an even older dot-matrix printer to work with a $7
fabric ribbon replacment  from OfficeMax.

         That's the printer industry's game. Older machines may still work
electronically, but the cut off of aftermarket supplies turns them into
e-waste. Incidentally, they all pay patent royalties to HP. HP holds
hundreds of patents on ink-jet technology.

Erich