[Tfug] Best laser printer for linux

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Mon May 28 19:22:13 MST 2007

cangers2 at cox.net wrote:
> I am looking for some suggestions on which laser printer works the best with Linux?

I have a HP Laserjet 4 that I bought for my wife decades ago when she
was getting her Masters.

I installed a JetDirect network card in it, $20 on eBay,  and use it for
all my Linux and Windows boxes.  The only thing I have done to it is
replace a feed roller and toner cartridges and paper.

You can often pick up LJ4+ printers for $20 + shipping.

With a Jet Direct card, you can assign an IP address to them and share
them among any of your computers, even wireless, no matter what the OS.  ;-)

George Cohn