[Tfug] Bulk OpenOffice Conversion

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Thu May 24 16:18:13 MST 2007

Too easy - wants to start OO up as an X app and complains about it (I'm
running in an ssh window from another machine).  I just guessed at those
command-line arguments.  That's what I'd call them if I were the OO God.
Probably just as well I'm not (OO would look suspiciously like vi).

Jim

At 04:11 PM 5/24/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>That is probably becuase the filename is now ooffice. Try that and see if it
>works
>
>Judd Pickell
>

>> cat asciiColumn.txt | openoffice --Calc --noGUI --TextIn --ExcelOut >
>> xxx.xls
>>
>> (Yes, I did try just typing this in - "openoffice: Command not found.")

| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |