[Tfug] [tfug] Sun Ultra 5 UPA port?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 11:02:39 MST 2007

> My U5 has an integrated 16MB ATI Rage 215GP (mach64
> chipset), so I can run

Yes, "m64"

> it with a head with some video memory to spare.  The
> weird thing is, Sun's
> manuals explicitly state that the U5 does NOT have a
> UPA port!  I'm just

I suspect it "doesn';t have a UPA port" because there
is no *physical* way of using it!

I've not checked the U10 and U5 side-by-side but I
recall (when seeing the inside of the U5 for the
first time) thinking:  "Geez, this is just a U10
in a desktop (vs. deskSIDE) box!"

<shrug>  Plug in a card and see if it lights up!

--don