[Tfug] Speaking of zero...

William Stott WStott at ventanamed.com
Mon May 14 09:31:40 MST 2007

Recently, a conversion on zero was brought up in a class I am taking. The conversation focused on positive and negative values for zero, and what they meant in terms of a computer. Anyone care to throw their ideas into TFUG on this? The instructor said that negative and positive values of zero can cause calculation issues, but he did not elaborate. I am not exactly sure how since the end result seems to be the same. I did see the problem when doing signed magnitude calculations, but only due to the rules in which the book we use gave to us.

Thanks,

William E. Stott, III ]-[ Staff Information System Engineer

Ventana Medical Systems ]-[ 1910 East Innovation Park Drive ]-[ Tucson, Arizona, 85755

Direct: (520) 229-3930 ]-[ Mobile: (520) 906-0242

Checked by AVG Free Edition.