[Tfug] [Fwd: [tfug-owner at tfug.org: Re: [Fwd: [johns at fsf.org: Help research law school courses and, "intellectual property"]]]]

Felix Tilley fetilley at earthlink.net
Mon May 7 14:45:37 MST 2007

 From Richard M Stallman, twit.  Too stupid to figure out how to
subscribe to the TFUG list.  I have edited the error messages out.

RMS:

Can you please forward my response to the mailing list?

FET:
    In the US, the term "Intellectual Property" has been around a very long
    time.  When I was working for Hughes Aircraft/Raytheon, they offered
    courses on IP several times a year.

RMS:

Can you find out the year in which they started?

FET:

    Intellectual Property is a course for first semester law students.

RMS:

That is a shame, but the question is not about what they say _today_.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.html
for the explanation of why the term "intellectual property"
is biased and misleading, and should never be used.