[Tfug] Asterisk VOIP Class

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Thu Mar 29 11:38:39 MST 2007

Quoting Stephen Hooper <stephen.hooper at gmail.com>:
> On 3/29/07, George Cohn <gwcohn at simplybits.net> wrote:
>> Brian Murphy wrote:

>> > Perhaps off-topic and not intended in a negative way...
>> >
>> > Are these class credits good for anything other than a CIS degree from
>> > Pima?
>>
>> Pima offers many classes that are intended for folks who want to learn
>> something new or improve their "promotability" in their current career.
>>
>> Some of the engineering types may look down on the tech types but it's
>> the tech types who keep the modern IT infrastructure rolling.
>>
>> Not many engineers would want to image a PC or configure a router.  ;-)
>>
>> Just look on it as a way to learn something that's going to be as
>> ubiquitous in a few years as the Internet is now.
>>

> I think Brian's question was fairly straightforward.  Reading your
> answer, and interpolating I would guess the answer is "No," but I am
> still not sure... maybe you could restate it in a way I understand?
>
> Appropos nothing, but I don't really understand how this became a bash
> "engineering" types thread.  Personally, I could care less:  I am not
> an engineering type.  Still, I have to wonder what all this is
> about...
>
> Do you all need a hug?  Brian would call me a communist right now, but
> maybe I am naive enough to think that if you are happy, and good in
> what you do no one is going to give a crap about what kind of "degree"
> you have.  Monetarily, it will probably make a difference, but then
> again money isn't everything.

I agree with everything Stephen said.

I thought I was asking if the course credit was good for anything other
than a CIS associates degree.  I didn't disparage the course content.
Nor did I whip out my BS in CompSci and slap around the lesser
educated.  All I want to know is if the course credit side sweetens the
deal in any way for someone not pursuing their CIS degree.  Does it?
Can I mix in my Financial Accounting credits, with this credit, take a
golf class for "free" lessons, and a dance class to pick up hot chicks,
and get a general studies AA in the process?(this IS community college
lol)  Anyone?  I know we have a mix of Pima students and profs on this
list.

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.