[Tfug] Asterisk VOIP Class

Stephen Hooper stephen.hooper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:00:18 MST 2007

On 3/29/07, George Cohn <gwcohn at simplybits.net> wrote:
> Brian Murphy wrote:
> > Quoting George Cohn <gwcohn at simplybits.net>:
> >
> >>It would be a CIS298T class, probably 4 credits and running for a full
> >>semester.
> >

> > Perhaps off-topic and not intended in a negative way...
> >
> > Are these class credits good for anything other than a CIS degree from
> > Pima?
>
> Pima offers many classes that are intended for folks who want to learn
> something new or improve their "promotability" in their current career.
>
> Some of the engineering types may look down on the tech types but it's
> the tech types who keep the modern IT infrastructure rolling.
>
> Not many engineers would want to image a PC or configure a router.  ;-)
>
> Just look on it as a way to learn something that's going to be as
> ubiquitous in a few years as the Internet is now.

I think Brian's question was fairly straightforward.  Reading your
answer, and interpolating I would guess the answer is "No," but I am
still not sure... maybe you could restate it in a way I understand?

Appropos nothing, but I don't really understand how this became a bash
"engineering" types thread.  Personally, I could care less:  I am not
an engineering type.  Still, I have to wonder what all this is
about...

Do you all need a hug?  Brian would call me a communist right now, but
maybe I am naive enough to think that if you are happy, and good in
what you do no one is going to give a crap about what kind of "degree"
you have.  Monetarily, it will probably make a difference, but then
again money isn't everything.