[Tfug] Lenovo ThinkPad T40

JD Rogers rogersjd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 20:45:52 MST 2007

I'll second what Claude said about durability. I don't have any
experience with the T40 specifically, but my T20 (700MHz, 256MB) was
still my primary computer up until last week. That thing was
remarkable considering how much coffee I put it through (or put
through it) and how many times I dropped it. I liked it so much, I
spent the big bucks on a new T60 to replace it now that I have a job.
I know there are occasional hiccups with certain thinkpad models, but
hardware is generally easier to get working on a TP that most other
laptop brands. I just installed debian on my T60 and the volume and fn
buttons all just work. Good luck getting that to happen on a sony.