[Tfug] next version of Ubuntu

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 21:15:48 MST 2007

It is an ATI something or other. I'll have to look up again for sure but if
I remember right it is an IXP 450.
It requirese the snd-hda-intel module, but for some reason I still have no
sound after following the directions on the ALSA site. There is a file I am
supposed to append some text to that is nowhere to be found on my system in
either form it says to look for it in. It says to creat a alsasound file - I
don't have it all in front of me right now, different computer - and run
updatemodules, which I did, but to no avail. So I was hoping something would
come out with the new alsa version soon and would automatically recognize my
sound card. Looks like I'll have to wait till October, huh?
Any ideas?
Matthew