[Tfug] cvsup help

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 21:45:52 MST 2007

--- christopher floess <skeptikos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone here familiar with cvsup on FreeBSD. I
> CVSup'd my ports
> tree only to find out that everything now depends on
> xorg 7.2. I'm
> not really ready to deal with the upgrade yet, so I
> thought I'd
> CVSup to something just before it was merged with
> the ports tree.
>
> The way I have my supfile is:
>
> *default host=cvsup1.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/var/db
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs
> #tag=.
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>
> *default compress
>
> ports-all
> date=2007.05.16.01.00.00
>

> I've tried using this supfile w/o the 'tag=."
> commented out
> and it still didn't make a difference. I also tried
> putting the
> line 'date=2007.05.16.01.00.00' as
> *default date=2007.05.16.01.00.00
> so now I'm out of clues. Any ideas?
>
> -- ....

I'm surprised that the ports that require xorg are
linked to 7.2.

I'm wondering why you are setting date to:
2007.05.16.01.00.00
rather than:
2007.05.16.00.00.00

but it does seem that you have selected the correct
date.

I think I would be tempted - at least for a while, to
try my port builds as, for example,

# portinstall gimp -x xorg*
or
# portinstall -R -k gimp -x xorg*

... something like that.

If you are not familiar with portinstall, check

/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade/

======
Because sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the human heart is fully set to do evil.
Ecclesiastes 8:11