[Tfug] BYOB possible meeting space...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 17:38:36 MST 2007

Folks,

The main library downtown has rooms that we could use for a build and
box session.  I've checked it out and here's the issues:

* It's free (yay) and up to 40 people would be no problem.  That's
including enough tables and chairs.

* We would NOT have access to their wired network but they do have
free WiFi and power plugs.  So...one option, we could have somebody
bring an extra box or laptop that's got both WiFi and wired Ethernet
and make our own bridge.  We'd then need hubs and cables coming off
that.

* Drinks are out.  Sigh.

* Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday the library is open until 8:00pm.  And
parking in the garage under the library is free after 5:00pm.  So we
could do a three-hour session with free parking...

If enough people like this I can make arrangements...

Jim