[Tfug] residential broadband options

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 21:02:05 MST 2007

On 6/28/07, Jon <bigj at flatwan.net> wrote:
> Qwest DSL is another option (www.qwest.net). You'll need a valid phone
> number to prequalify on their website though. If you call them they
> *might* be able to do it by address.
>
> If the speeds you want/require are not available in your area and you
> have a little extra cash wireless is a great alternative - check out
> www.SimplyBits.com and www.DakotaCom.net.
>
> --
> Jon

It looks like Sprint Broadband Direct is also available in Tucson but
seems to not be well liked.  Is anyone using this?  I read the latency
is high which is not desirable for VoIP.

http://www.dslreports.com/reviews/1067

I have a Motorola SB5100 SURFboard Cable Modem which I would like to
use if I get Cox.  Will Cox let me use my own modem?

Thanks for everyone's comments on this topic.

Ryan