[Tfug] residential broadband options

Rich r-lists at studiosprocket.com
Thu Jun 28 16:35:53 MST 2007

On Jun 28, 2007, at 12:52 pm, christopher floess wrote:

[Cox]
> The service is great. The customer service is horrible.
>
> I rarely get outages, I do get great speeds, and I wouldn't
> even say the people there are bad. I really think it's just
> customer service policies they have in....

This is interesting. My workplace uses Cox. The customer service is
passable, the product is poop. It always slows down to a crawl round
about "hometime", (i.e. 5pm Mon-Thu, 1pm Fridays you lazy gits). Up
until a couple of months ago, Cox was dropping our connection every
couple of weeks. Some days, it just isn't worth opening TBird.

Compared to that nightmare, my home Qwest DSL and qwest.net is a
dream to use.

Okay, Cox has a fatter downstream pipe, but for a trouble-free
broadband service, I'd definitely go with Qwest.

As for Cox, my experience tells me they live up to their name. I call
'em "Droopy".

R.