[Tfug] email question

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Tue Jun 26 14:35:58 MST 2007

Some random ideas (I'm sure there are better ones out there):

  - work out the command line for sendmail or mail to send an email,
maybe something like:

    /usr/bin/sendmail some_options < /tmp/message.txt

  then generate /tmp/message.txt and use system() to call the command

  - write a perl script that reads from stdin or a file and sends an
email. Call the perl script from your C application. This has the
advantage in that you can use the perl CPAN modules for sending emails,
complete with attachments, etc. Also probably more portable between systems

  - find a C library for linux that can send emails

Hope this helps, Andy