[Tfug] email question

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Tue Jun 26 14:26:26 MST 2007

> Andrew Ayre
> Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 1:21 PM
> To: Tucson Free Unix Group
> Subject: Re: [Tfug] email question
>

> Which programming language or scripting language are you using?
>
> For perl and PHP you can get modules that make sending emails (with
> attachments, etc.) easier. Also in C (and the other languages) you can
> use system() to execute programs like sendmail, etc.
>
> Andy

Andy, Hello

C/C++

I am/was planning on making system calls to unix/linux command line e-mail
applications.

I was looking at sendmail.org.  It appears as though setting it up isn't
just a matter of setting some config stuff.  It appears as though it's, to
some degree, recompiled or reconfigured using make and m4 "stuff".  That
seems like a configuration headache to figure out what stuff I need to
include on the final system.

Joe