[Tfug] *Way* OT: Swamp coolers, ACbrrs, etc.

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 11:41:20 MST 2007

--- ROY BABIN <k9ed1 at msn.com> wrote:

> When did this turn into a swaqmp cooler , I was
> under the impresion that this was for computer help?

I never saw this as "for computer help" but, rather,
for users in the Tucson area who use free eunices.

I posted my question here -- instead of someplace
like c.a.e or s.e.d. or ??? -- because I expect
"locals" to be more familiar with the operation
of a swamp cooler than folks from, e.g., Minnesota!

And, as evidenced from the discussion, coming up
with *any* sort f algorithm for controlling a
swamp cooler and knowing when to trade-off to
ACbrrrr... is *quite* nontrivial!  Gee, sure sounds
like the type of thing that would be ideal for a
*machine* to sort out!!  (machine == computer)

As always, you are free to click "delete" if you
see a subject line that does not interest you!
(that's the purpose of a subject line, after all!)

Sorry if the few KB of bandwidth I consumed was
offensive...

--don