[Tfug] *Way* OT: Swamp coolers, ACbrrs, etc.

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Mon Jun 18 19:10:24 MST 2007

Bexley Hall wrote:

> So, what have folks observed from their experiences
> here that might add something to a "respectable"
> ruleset?
>
> [Apologies if this is *so* far OT that it annoys...]

An HVAC acquaintance tells me that 30 F is about the best temp
differential you can get, assuming the humidity is low, like < 5%.

You might want to add a humidistat outside to take that into account.

Something like:

if humidity < 5% and temp outside > 85 then run cooler
else
if humidity is > 10% and temp outside > 85 then run A/C
&&
if temp outside > 110 then run A/C

Actually embedded control stuff is cool.  Circuit Cellar magazine deals
with it a lot.

George Cohn