[Tfug] Router with VPN

Matt Jacob matt.jacob at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 00:46:08 MST 2007

A couple things:

# If you want something integrated in the router, make sure you get a
VPN endpoint router and not just a router that can do VPN passthrough.
My understanding is that routers with VPN passthrough simply don't
mess with L2TP and PPTP packets when doing NAT (i.e. for connecting
out to work or something).

# If you get a device that's compatible with DD-WRT
[http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices], you can
install the OpenVPN-enabled version of DD-WRT and use that. DD-WRT is
very good, and OpenVPN can pretty much do anything you want.

Matt