[Tfug] 501 HELO requires valid address

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Jun 13 21:24:34 MST 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, christopher floess wrote:

> I'm setting up Sylpheed with multiple accounts, and I got gmail set up,

My wife has been using Sylpheed (and Sylpheed related for a few years
now).

I recall that Sylpheed sets its hostname based on a reverse lookup on its
local IP. I had same problem because in my /etc/hosts, the first result
was non-FQDN (just one word). I changed the order of the /etc/hosts line
and it solved my problem. It's been awhile but I think that was my
problem. (My hostname was already correct -- fully qualified.)

  Jeremy C. Reed