[Tfug] Machine Rehabilitation

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Tue Jun 12 19:10:25 MST 2007

I like the aptitude package management in Debian and Ubuntu, and I like the
Ubuntu community. I also like the idea of the Dapper Drake Long Term
Support, which is what I plan to use. I must admit I haven't really
researched how long the Debian repository support is. We run Debian Sarge on
a corporate server in Germany and it seems to work fine (the one with the
Qmail problem). If there are any really good reasons to choose Debian over
Ubunutu I would love to hear them. The server will be headless with Gnome
over VNC. I believe that vnc4server will start Gnome only when VNC is used,
which is perfect, as most of the time it won't be needed.

Andy