[Tfug] Machine Rehabilitation

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Tue Jun 12 11:08:50 MST 2007

On 06/12/2007 10:32 AM, Andrew Ayre wrote:
> Well, in my defense I will point out that I'm about to ditch my
> Gentoo box for a Ubuntu box with faster CPU and more ram. My
> Gentoo box couldn't run SugarCRM at a usable speed...

I don't think you need to defend yourself. There are plenty of
reasons to run Gentoo, and one of the most important is that you
like it. Do what works for you and don't worry about everyone
else.

I have limited knowledge of Gentoo, but I do not think there is
anything technically inferior about it. It's just that I (and
many others) do not want to or cannot spend that much time
compiling.

Regarding Ubuntu, what criteria did you use to make your
decision? What other distributions have you considered? Just
curious.

--
Glen