[Tfug] Indian restaurant

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 20:54:42 MST 2007

On 6/7/07, Robert Hunter <hunter at tfug.org> wrote:
> Yes, guys, there are worse places than Tucson in the summer. :-)  Tucson
> isn't that bad, once you get used to it.  Ryan, in order to acclimate
> quickly, I recommend that while you are still in Toronto to stand near an
> open convection oven for an hour every day.

Haha, sounds fun!

> I kid, I kid! ;-)

Are you sure?

> Actually there are a few things that I quite enjoy about summer in
> Tucson.  The seasonal migration of snowbirds and UofA students to other
> parts of the country is near the top of the list.  The UofA campus is
> practically peaceful, and city driving is much more tolerable ( if you
> have a functional AC in your auto ).

I hope I'll be able to do some cycling for my daily commute.  I think
that would be really good exercise, if I'm not killed by the heat,
cars, or both.

> Mount Lemmon is a nice place for day hikes and picnics.  Other mountain
> ranges are within two or three hours of driving.  Tubing the Salt River
> is also good day-long activity.  If you have a few days to kill, some
> other options are Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point), San Diego, Santa Fe, the
> White Mountains, several parks in Northern Arizona and Southern Utah.
> Zion National Monument is one of my favorites.  One of these days I'd
> like to hike through "the Narrows".
>

> --
> Rob

I've been to Zion National Park before and love it.  We were thinking
of possibly visiting Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.
That looks really wild.

This discussion continues to get further and further from anything
Unix related despite its beginnings as a discussion about Indian
restaurants.  So what do you think about living in a yurt?  ;-)

Ryan