[Tfug] Indian restaurant

Robert Hunter hunter at tfug.org
Thu Jun 7 18:18:41 MST 2007

> On 6/7/07, Claude Rubinson <rubinson at u.arizona.edu> wrote:
>> But it is a dry heat!  Having lived in the Atlanta area for ten years,
>> I'll take the summers in Tucson over Atlanta's humidity any day.
>
> Surprisingly, I agree with Claude on this one. After 16 years in
> Chicago, I can attest to the fact that there's a noticeable difference
> between 105 degrees w/20% humidity and 90 degrees w/100% humidity.
> (Hint: Tucson's summers are more bearable. Jump in a freakin' pool if
> it's too hot for you.)

Yes, guys, there are worse places than Tucson in the summer. :-)  Tucson
isn't that bad, once you get used to it.  Ryan, in order to acclimate
quickly, I recommend that while you are still in Toronto to stand near an
open convection oven for an hour every day.

I kid, I kid! ;-)

Actually there are a few things that I quite enjoy about summer in
Tucson.  The seasonal migration of snowbirds and UofA students to other
parts of the country is near the top of the list.  The UofA campus is
practically peaceful, and city driving is much more tolerable ( if you
have a functional AC in your auto ).

Mount Lemmon is a nice place for day hikes and picnics.  Other mountain
ranges are within two or three hours of driving.  Tubing the Salt River
is also good day-long activity.  If you have a few days to kill, some
other options are Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point), San Diego, Santa Fe, the
White Mountains, several parks in Northern Arizona and Southern Utah.
Zion National Monument is one of my favorites.  One of these days I'd
like to hike through "the Narrows".

--
Rob