[Tfug] 802.11b/g recommendations

Steven Bowers steveb7 at simplybits.net
Tue Jul 31 21:30:06 MST 2007

The time has come to get myself an 802.11b/g PCMCIA card for my laptop.
However, I'm not current on what cards are best supported under Linux
these days. I've looked at a few sites and the number of supported cards
looks quite good. Can anyone comment on what cards they have had good
performance? I need something that will work under both Windows and
Linux, works with Netstumbler, Kismet and most of the other wireless
sniffing tools, external antenna or detachable antenna (with external
jacks underneath) and possibly a/b/g.

Steve