[Tfug] My experience "recovering" Windows compared to installing Debian

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Tue Jul 31 12:34:36 MST 2007

On 30 Jul 2007 at 21:54, Sean Warburton  wrote:

> I just leave them on my computer. Using msconfig, it took me maybe 45
> seconds to stop all that stuff from running during each startup.

IMHO Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel http://mlin.net/ is an easier way to deal
with this -- no warnings that you're running in a special mode when you boot,
so the (l)user doesn't get freaked ;-)

For serious control of Windows startup items, google for "Silent Runners".
It's a VBScript that lists everything that starts up no matter where.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona