[Tfug] My experience "recovering" Windows compared to installing Debian

Robert Hunter hunter at tfug.org
Sat Jul 28 12:45:48 MST 2007

On 7/28/07, Glen Pfeiffer <glen at thepfeiffers.net> wrote:
> I rebuilt a computer for a family member on Thursday, and renewed
> my dislike of Windows.

windows "recovery" recipe:

Leave a small partition on the drive, big enough to hold a "ghost" image.
After you finish installing/updating/customizing, create your image.
Next time you need to "recover" windows, and you will, it will take a
fraction of the time.

I have a fully functional debian system at home that was originally
installed with potato, and since then has been upgraded "in vivo" with
woody, sarge, and now etch.  I suppose in the windows world that would be
equivalent to upgrading from NT4.0 -> W2K -> XP -> Vista.  Um, yeah, I'd
like to see that one. ;-)

--
Rob