[Tfug] Annoying Terminal Problem

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Fri Jul 20 21:51:55 MST 2007

Frequently when using programs like nano and aptitude, when the program
exits the prompt is not at the bottom of the terminal window. Instead it
appears at a random position, e.g. in the middle of the terminal window.

What I type next is hard to see amongst the clutter of previous prompts
and commands, and I end up hitting enter multiple times to get the
prompt back to the bottom.

I've seen this with Suse, Gentoo, Debian...

Does anyone know of a solution to this irritant? Is it my terminal
program (puTTY)?

Andy

--
Andy