[Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?

Tyler Kilian Vaca at GrazeLand.COM
Tue Jul 10 11:48:10 MST 2007

One thing I didn't like about register.com was that when I decided to
transfer some domains away, I had to call in to get the authorization
code.  I feel like web-based services should remain web-based, but I
understand their business driver.  I wasn't hassled other than to be asked
if they matched the price, would I stay?

So, if you are very picky about things like that, I'd stay away from
register.com.  I'm not personally that picky, so I'd consider using them
again. :)

Tyler