[Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?

Jon bigj at flatwan.net
Tue Jul 10 10:16:23 MST 2007

Chris Niswander wrote:
> So, does anyone have anything positive to say from experience?
>
> (now that we've exercised our flaming muscles)
>
> --Chris

I apologize for the distraction, Chris. A simple query turned in to
something, as usual, that it shouldn't have.

I've had great success with Register.com in addition to GoDaddy. Back in
the day I was paying $30+ per domain each year. It was adding up so I
migrated to GoDaddy. If price isn't an issue then Register.com is a good
option. Other than the price point they were good to deal with.

Though I would take a serious look at Brian's registrar even with its
ties with GoDaddy (AKA Wild West Domains). Like Brian stated, if there
are problems and someone is wishing to file a complaint over the
domain(s) they will report it to his organization not GoDaddy.

Another good place to find information about registrars is
www.webhostingtalk.com. There are queries regarding this same thing
daily with replies on people's experiences with each company.

--
Jon