[Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?

Rich r-lists at studiosprocket.com
Mon Jul 9 16:53:26 MST 2007

On Jul 9, 2007, at 2:34 pm, Jon wrote:

> Not spammers! Oh my! C'mon. Things like this happen. Spammers
> deliberately end up on a network like that by procuring services or
> by means like malware/viruses on innocent machines. I'm sure if you
> ran that business area though you'd have it shaped up in no time at
> all.
We're talking about the ORIGINATING domains for the spam; not some
poor innocent Windows user or open relays. Godaddy refused to take
those originating domains down.

> And like Wikipedia hasn't had their share of bad publicity in the
> past:
> http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2005-11-29-
> wikipedia-edit_x.htm.

What has that to do with Godaddy refusing to take down spammers'
domains? Red herring perhaps?

Anybody would think you're involved with Godaddy in some way... whois
flatwan.net... whois cactushosting.com

Oh... ahem.

R.