[Tfug] python ftplib Part II

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Mon Jul 9 15:25:15 MST 2007

Well, if anyone cares, ftplib works fine on Linux and Windoze.  Got it
working on Linux, and BAM, it works on Windoze.

One little nagging issue.  If the download site is off the air, the
connection will hang (this isn't just a python issue).  I'd like to set
this up so that if it hangs for some period (30 seconds, say) it then
throws an exception and quits.  I see no option for this sort of behavior
in the ftplib methods.  Does anyone know of a way to either do this within
the ftplib package or with some python wrapper of some sort?

TIA
Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |