[Tfug] python ftplib

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Fri Jul 6 13:54:14 MST 2007

At 01:45 PM 7/6/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 10:59:08AM -0700, Jim Secan wrote:
>> I'm looking to write some procedures to use ftp protocol to locate
>> and download files, procedures that can be run on *nix or Windoze
>> with as little alteration as possible (zero preferred).  Has anyone
>> had any experience using the python ftplib routines on *nix and
>> Windoze platforms?  Is this fairly portable?
>
>No experience with Python ftp but you be confident that it will be
>very portable.  The Python folks are really good with that as Python
>is hugely popular on both Unix and Windows.

That's my belief as well, but I've had troubles with ftp clients on MSW,
mostly because of how the TCP/IP protocols are handled by the OS.  I'd like
to know if anyone has used this library on MSW and whether or not problems
were encountered.  It's pretty much "if python can't do it, neither can
anything else" and I'm doomed to running parallel code.

Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |