[Tfug] Install problem

Don Freeman DFreeman at pagnet.org
Mon Jul 9 08:48:43 MST 2007

I have set up a new computer with a dual boot situation using winXP and
Ubuntu. I had it working fine but later forgot the password I had created
for the Linux side. I know dumb, dumb, dumb!! So . . . I decided to simply
reinstall Ubuntu. Deleted the Linux partitions, ran the install again and
everything seemed to go fine. Except that on the required reboot when it is
supposed to finish unpacking all the files, it gives an error that says the
partition doesn't exist. It seems to be looking for (hd1,2).

Any thoughts on how to fix?

Also, how do I edit the grub script to make windows the default OS (for my
wife).

Thanks