[Tfug] Trouble with wifi ap. Out of ideas

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 14:47:32 MST 2007

Try deactivating your landline interface (i.e. sudo ifconfig eth0 down).  In
my experience at least, sometimes when using both a landline and wireless
interface, the routing table for various reasons will assume that the
landline leads to the default gateway.  You can change this using the route
command, or you can deactivate it (and thus reassigning the default gateway
to a different interface); both are different means to the same end.

To get a list of wireless APs, run "sudo iwlist eth1 scanning"

Also, what chipset and driver?

Regards,
Jude Nelson