[Tfug] Trouble with wifi ap. Out of ideas

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Wed Jul 4 12:02:20 MST 2007

On 07/04/2007 10:25 AM, Nathanial Hendler wrote:
> If I run windows, the wireless works just fine, so I know the
> access point is ok.

I would not be too quick to say that. I was running a DLink (yes
it is junk) and my laptop running Windows could access it fine,
but running Debian Etch, it exhibited behavior similar to what
you described. I swapped out the wireless router to a Linksys,
and it works flawlessly now.

> Only windows can give me a list.  I can't get a list (or don't
> know how) from the linux side of things.

I think 'iwlist wlan0 scan' will do the trick. Replace wlan0 with
your wireless interface name. Also, the interface must be up
before scanning will work, but it does not need to be connected.

Sorry I can't offer any real help.

--
Glen