[Tfug] Ideas for the ultimate "Grandma Millie" distro...

erich erich1 at copper.net
Tue Jan 30 12:35:37 MST 2007

Unfortunately,

        There's change for them wether they like it or not when
the machine is invaded with spybots. Which gets us back
to the original topic of this thread.

        What also disturbs me is that we can't be complacent
about Linux either. In other words there is no such thing
as a static OS with static security protections in today's
internet.  AVG addresses this problem with regular updates.
Unfortuantely they only address a small aspect of the
security problem, and it's the user's responsibility to accept
the updates when they arrive.

                                                             Erich