[Tfug] OT: Cox cable

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Sat Jan 27 01:32:07 MST 2007

On 26 Jan 2007 at 17:17, JD Rogers  wrote:

> On 1/26/07, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Isn't that illegal and comes with a nice prison term?
> >
> > Since you would be gaining access w/o permission?
>
> I'm pretty sure this still has never been tested in court. I would

Trusting the courts to do the right thing is risky.  Look at what they just did
to that poor substitute teacher -- felony conviction for child abuse because
the school's unprotected Win98 box was infested with spyware and popped up some
porn in her class.  What a travesty!

SunbeltBLOG: Is this a miscarriage of justice?

    A substitute school teacher in Connecticut has been found guilty of
    exposing children to porn.

    She could face up to 40 years in prison.

http://sunbeltblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/is-this-miscarriage-of-justice.html

More here:
    Radio-show Podcast (adverts removed, thank the gods):
    "Last Wednesday, I was on the national Computer America radio show
    discussing the Julie Amero case."
    http://sunbeltblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/podcast-my-interview-on-
    computeramerica.html

    SunbeltBLOG: Teacher rallies to Julie Amero's support
    http://sunbeltblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/teacher-rallies-to-julie-ameros-
    support.html

    SunbeltBLOG: Update on Julie Amero case
    http://sunbeltblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/update-on-julie-amero-case.html