[Tfug] standalone server

erich erich1 at copper.net
Mon Jan 22 20:44:15 MST 2007

Thanks for the hint,

     In order to get it to work I had to activate pure-ftpd in the run
control
order before xinetd activation. In theory xinetd activates services as
needed
and dismisses them when the session ends,  but it seems that pure-ftpd
now has to be activated in the "default", (in gentoo parliance), run
level prior
to xinetd.
     This is a new version of pure-ftpd, (net-ftp/pure-ftpd-1.0.21-r1)

     My other machine has and older version, (net-ftp/pure-ftpd-1.0.20-r1)
and does not have this problem.

Cheers,

Erich