[Tfug] Importing mail to Maildir

Glen Pfeiffer glen_ap at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 11:10:11 MST 2007

Hi All,

I am finally fed-up with using web based email services. I have
stayed with it so long because I like having web based access
when traveling, but I really want to change to a client based
MUA.

I am considering using my webhost (Dreamhost) as my mail server.
They provide IMAP access fulfilling my requirement to have access
to all email while traveling.

I also want to import all my yahoo email into my Dreamhost email
account. I think I would follow this process:

* Download all Yahoo mail using MUA supporting mbox format via
  POP3 (probably Thunderbird).
* Convert/import mail to Maildir format using Mb2Md
  (http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/)

Does anyone see any problems with this process? Do you have any
other ideas?

Thanks!
Glen