[Tfug] 'grub'ing for books...

lukkystarr at excite.com lukkystarr at excite.com
Sun Jan 14 21:06:05 MST 2007

I started an html class, and I like the way the book is designed.  They take you through step by step, doing as you go.  This approach works well for rocks like myself.  Back when the VIC 20 was new the book that came with it showing programming in basic was fantastic, same type of layout.  The tutorials for vi and others like that as well are very helpful too.

My point is, anyone know of other computer books of this type for intermediate Linux topics?  Most are too broad, as they try to address all flavors of Linux at once, which doesn't work well if you know nothing about getting through the little hiccups that are inevitable.

Looking forward to the next coffee congregation.  Any idea where it will be yet?

Steve

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com