[Tfug] Stoopid Apache and Wiki questions...

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Fri Jan 12 12:11:56 MST 2007

Hello --

I was thinking about setting up a local Apache server here at work, and run
Wiki on it. -- i guess that's how Wiki works --

I know where I worked before, we started using Wiki for business reasons --
notes from meetings, communicate decisions -- all that good junk ---

My questions are: are Apache and Wiki the things (only things?) I need to
set up a browser based communications system?

Are there better and easier things - still being free --- ?

Is it difficult, and will maintaining it take very much of my time?

Can I run them on any old Linux (Fedora 5) box that can see the network?

Thanks

Joe