[Tfug] NEC Motherboard

erich erich1 at copper.net
Thu Jan 11 12:43:44 MST 2007

Interesting,
      Especially the stuff about NEC. No this machine is not that. I has
two mini-DIN
connectors in a little metal enclosure.  One above the other. The metal
shroud is
soldered in, so I am reluctant to tamper with that. You should see this
thing. It has
a motherboard with an edge connector and tracks. Unplug the Pentium II, take
the PCI cards out, and the motherboard slides right out of the box. Oh,
yes, I did
that, plugged it back in fired it up, and it's still the same problem as
described before.

      No, I sort of "wing it" when it comes to ESD. I just avoid tuching
metal conductors.
and I have some ESD-spec-ed sheeting to place ESD sensitive parts for
examination.

                             Erich