[Tfug] My Opera browser has malware

Brad Becker investmgmt at s91195370.onlinehome.us
Fri Jan 5 22:04:12 MST 2007

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 21:53:37 -0700, Brad Becker
<investmgmt at s91195370.onlinehome.us> wrote:

> Next, Opera was closed, then the .opera/cookies4.dat file was deleted.
> Opera was also set this time to only accept cookies from the site I
> visit,
> not just a universal 'accept cookies' default setting apparantly used
> beforehand.

Hey guess what, that worked!

Funny, when typing the mail.yahoo.com url the autocompletion feature pops
up with the
following option:

mail.yahoo.com  --->>> (further down the url line) Mediaplex - Redirect
Google

So long as I DON'T click it and type the url correctly it no longer
redirects.

Hmmm, now how do I purge that Mediaplex option so it doesn't show up in
autocomplete?
Researching ...